Akinix
Sign in to follow this  
Everlasting Summer

Alien Certificate of Registration Philippines

The Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card) in the Philippines is a crucial document for foreign nationals staying in the country for more than 59 days. This card, about the size of a credit card or a driver's license, contains important information such as the holder's picture, full name, home country, place and date of birth, and biometric data stored in an embedded microchip.

Foreign nationals who need to renew their ACR I-Card include those with expired cards, individuals who have turned 14, those whose visa status has changed, or in situations where a replacement is required under the Alien Registration Act of 1950. The renewal process involves submitting an ACR I-Card Application Form, a photocopy of the passport bio-page, visa implementation page, and latest admission with valid authorized stay, along with other documents depending on the type of visa held. Additional requirements may apply for specific visa categories such as immigrant visas, student visas, or Philippine-born permanent residents.

In case of a lost, damaged, or amended ACR I-Card, a reissuance process is available, which also requires an application form and relevant documents depending on the specific situation, such as a police report for lost cards or proof of amendments.

The steps to renew or reissue the ACR I-Card include gathering the necessary documents, submitting them at the nearest Bureau of Immigration (BI) office, and paying the required fees. The general application fees include a $50 I-Card fee and a ₱500 express fee. The processing of the digitized card with electronic security features may take a couple of weeks, and the BI will notify the applicant via text message when the ACR I-Card is ready to be claimed.

Furthermore, the Bureau of Immigration requires foreign nationals to file an Annual Report (AR) to track their stay and immigration status changes in the Philippines. This report must be completed by March 1, 2024, to avoid delays or fines. Exemptions from the personal appearance requirement for the AR include individuals below 14 or over 60 years of age, those who are mentally or physically incapacitated, pregnant women, and unwell foreign nationals with a medical certificate.

Sign in to follow this